Mom in the Middle

“Hang on a second, I’m in the middle of something.”
Give me a dime for every time I say that to my kids, and we’d be all set with the college fund.

But time isn’t going to hang on, and my little people won’t be little forever.

If motherhood is a game of Keep Away, then I want to stay forever in the middle, lunging and jumping as fleeting, ungrippable moments fly above me.

I purpose to live, laugh, love and bask in the middle moment, not to pine for the moment behind or wish for the moment next.
I will soak up the second I’m in.
I will run in the right now.

If motherhood is a game of Keep Away, then I say, “Game on!”

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet."
-- James Oppenheim

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP