It's Monday Morning

It's Monday morning, the first after "springing forward". (Could this time change be more inappropriately named? Take an hour of precious sleep away from us, and we're hobbling sideways, at best.) Dani woke up so late she only had time to put a sweatshirt over her PJs and slip into flip-flops for the ride to Caed's school. When we came home, she declared today was a great day for piggy tails, one purple and one pink. I couldn't agree more.

After we started in on the piggy tails, I discovered she slept the whole night with toothpaste on her neck and hair. No wonder she smelled like bubble gum when I tucked her in.

It's sunny today, and warm by Ohio standards. I am toying with the idea of putting away the winter boots, at least for the week. I don't know, I guess the sudden spike in Vitamin D makes me a little more optimistic, or maybe just delusional.

::

It's Monday morning, the last before the half marathon. When Larry and I signed up for this race late last year, we did so with a cause in mind: to join the fight to end child sex slavery and exploitation, to run for their lives.  We partnered with Love146, an organization we respect both for the tremendous work they do in prevention and aftercare, as well as for their long track record of financial stewardship and integrity. If you'd like to support us in our run by making a donation to Love146, you can do so here.

We've been overwhelmed by the support and interest you've shown in an issue that continues to press hard on our hearts. Thanks so much for joining with us as we run for their lives.
::

It's Monday morning, the only Monday, March 12, 2012, that you and I will ever have. I'm always tempted to think of my days in terms of firsts and lasts and almosts. To think of life as a series of how many days until (fill in the blank)... But I'm not going to do that today. It's Monday morning, and now not 30 minutes after I called it sunny, it's raining and my fingers feel stiff with cold. I might have been so busy expecting the rain that I missed the sun. But I wasn't and I didn't. It's Monday morning, and I saw the sun.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP