I must remind myself to stop talking to myself

Sometimes when the kids say or do something funny, and I don't have a pen nearby to jot it down, I call home and leave a message. I do this because I will quite literally forget if I don't capture it quickly and permanently somewhere other than my overloaded and understaffed brain.


I left myself one such message the other day. As I was pumping gas, I recounted the funny exchange I'd just had with Caed. (I know, I know. I've heard the cell phone at the gas pump is a total fire hazard, but my urge to multi-task far outweighs my fear of spontaneous combustion).

Later, when I replayed the message, pen in hand, I heard myself say, "Okay, that's it. I'll talk to you later!"

Um, did I just tell myself that I'd talk to myself soon?

Why yes, yes I did. So I'm officially talking to myself. REGULARLY.

Given the frequent word exchanges between me, myself and I, coupled with my recent multi-state road trip to the grocery store, I believe I've earned my place as a card carrying member of the Crazy Club. Membership expiration date: Never.

I am SO blaming the children for this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one? (No, of course not, I do it too! Oh wait, we are one and the same. This isn't helping matters, is it?)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP