My Powers Know No Word Limits

If randomness could be turned into a superpower, I am quite certain I'd be issued a cape without even signing up.  The Underroos people would be beating down my door with a contract.  Wonder Woman would be so 1978.

The only problem would be coming up with an appropriately awe-inspiring super power name.  So far the only thing I can think of is "Random Joannedumb". Maybe they could call me RJ for short?  

So come with me, as we leap into a ground breaking episode of Random Joannedumb.

19) I guess I'm still a bit insecure that you might not think I'm good enough, smart enough and bizarre enough to warrant a super power name.  I feel like I need to prove my randomness to you by saying that I can't count the number of times I've stifled a laugh during a meeting because I pictured what would happen if I suddenly yelled "Timmaaay!"

4) I want to thank all of you for the encouragement to cheer up (or just for the permission to wallow).  Turns out I found the trusty fly swatter and those sand flies didn't stand a chance.  Tell me, why does it feel so therapeutic to swat the heck of out stuff? 

33) I so wanted to weave in this Jack Handey quote in my last post: "Whenever I need to get away, I just get away in my mind.  I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect.  The only bad thing there are the flies.  They're terrible!"  I know, that would have totally worked, right??

8) A professor in college told me, "Screen plays are life with the boring parts taken out." I've decided that blogs are exactly the opposite.  They are life with the boring parts left in, minus the special effects and completely unrealistic, incredibly coincidental plot lines.  This might be why, when asked by my dear friends who are extremely skeptical of the blogging phenomenon, "What is Twitter?" and I answer "It's kindof like micro-blogging", that they reply, "WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?"  And I wonder why they don't read blogs (not even MINE!), let alone have their own.

15) We went to the hospital cafeteria the other night to meet up with Daddy while he was on call. Caed finished his dinner before Daddy came down to say hi, so he was rewarded with an ice cream cone.  Upon biting into the cake cone, he remarked,  "This doesn't taste like food."  I have to agree with my four year old foodie on this one.

23) Remember that iPod Meme from a couple posts ago?  My favorite was "What do you think about most often as a Mom?: Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment".  Whiskey Girl (for the morning after a sleepless night) was a close second.  But unlike what my sister commented, it doesn't fit me to a tee.  Because I never start drinking until at least noon, and I'm more of a rum or vodka girl.

98) I have a suggestion for Starbucks.  Perhaps, just PERHAPS if you offered Pumpkin Spice Lattes all year round, you could muster up enough business to move ahead with that store opening you were planning in my town, but then pulled out of at the last minute?  I'm really, really disappointed in you, Starbucks people.  (You can't see me, but I'm giving them the "I've known you since you were a baby barista, and I know you are better than this, and you've really let me down" look).  

I had one more random thing to share, but it's a wee bit serious, and I don't want to mar it by putting in a post in which I've already lost 92% of my fourteen readers.  So you'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear about that.  (Wow, now I'm random AND suspenseful. More than you ever bargained for....)

Until next time, this is Random Joannedumb, reminding you to never to talk to strangers, (unless they're on Twitter)!

p.s. Did the random numbering totally make you crazy?  Yeah, it bugged me too.  I won't do it again, I promise.  And if you're interested, I hear there is an opening for an anal-retentive superhero, yet to be named.  So you might want to look into that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP