Beachy Keen

I'll be the first to admit it. I don't tell you everything.

I didn't tell you about the time I took my sister and her family to the beach in rainy 60 degree (July!) weather, rendering us all blue-lipped and bitter.

I didn't tell you about the day we didn't get dressed until lunchtime or the day I made the TV my back-up babysitter so I could finish a work project.
There's a reason I take fifty pictures and only show you five.

I write about the moments I find worth framing and hanging on the wall. The ones I must relive at least once, be it to learn or to savor or to sigh unspoken thanks.

When I look at these pictures, I don't see (or hear!) the squabbling siblings who quite literally could not go two minutes this morning without squeals and fits.

Instead, I see the fearless little girl who giggled and splashed her way through an entire morning of sunshine.



I see an emerging engineer building an inside-out moat, a big brother eager to lead his little sis into battle against the tide. Of course we don't live in this beachy keen bliss all summer long. And of course there is far more whining and arguing than there are darling, blog-worthy quotables.

But there are seconds, minutes, sometimes entire hours that are so extraordinary I cannot let them go with just one glimpse. I must turn my head, gaze and stare. They are simply too beautiful to look away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you have a moment worth gazing at this week? I'd love to hear about it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP