Autumn is a good influence on me.

Lately I am perfectly happy to take a walk or to sit under a shedding tree, without the urge to tell anyone what I'm doing in 140 characters or less. I have Autumn to thank for this.
As a redhead, I feel a bit entitled when it comes to Autumn. I figure, after a sun burned summer, Mother Nature owes me and my freckles a break. It's our turn to blend in with the scenery, to look and feel like we actually belong.

(Autumn is also the only season you'll see a redhead on the cover of a catalog. Because the pasty look rocks the earthy sweater. The swimsuit, not so much.)
Autumn makes me as curious as my kids to explore where the trails lead. Or to see how high we can climb without freaking out about the lack of railings.
Autumn admonishes me to stop the clamoring, the staring at the computer, the dashing around as if my time is somehow superior to that of others.

Autumn encourages me to curl up and turn pages, to reacquaint myself with the crock pot, to grind cinnamon over my latte, to sing a hundred rounds of "I love you a bushel and a beck" and never, ever tire of the hug around the neck.

And it is easy to comply.


This post is linked up to the You Capture series at I Should Be Folding Laundry where the challenge was "Autumn."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP