The Unforgettable Old Long Since


"Auld Lang Syne is French, Mom. It means 'Friend'." Caed informed me.

"Will you sing it for me again? I loved hearing your class sing it, but I want to hear just your voice."

"Ok. Lemme see. I can't remember how it starts...."

"Should..."

"Oh yeah yeah. Okay. I remember."
"Should old appointments be forgot and never come to mind,
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne!
Should old appointments--(wait--no--that's not how it goes. Umm, oh yeah.)
We'll take a cup of kindness yet for auld lang syne!
CHEERS!"

::

*Auld Lang Syne is not French and it does not mean "Friend." Please do not glean your holiday music history from a five year old who still sings "bells on popcorn ring, making spirits bright." Or who for the life of him can't remember old appointments, err, I mean acquaintances. Whatever. Same difference.

**He's adorable, no?

::

You guys, we've got to remember that these days, this season, these will someday be the days gone by, the auld lang syne, the old long since. Let's make them the best kind of unforgettable.

And here's the hand, my trusty friend
And gives a hand of thine
We'll take a cup of kindness yet
For Auld Lang Syne.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP