Love with Sprinkles on Top

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
-Pablo Picasso

Hence, I spent two hours making and piping pink buttercream frosting onto 48 chocolate cupcakes. Batter and baking are not words in my love language. And frosting and sprinkles are most definitely not my artistic medium of choice. But for her? Well, I think an old mom can learn a few new tricks.

This morning as I brushed her hair, she yelped (as is her usual custom) about how I was hurting her. I apologized, told her I didn't mean to hurt her, but it's hard to avoid when she slathers breakfast jam onto her scalp. She didn't skip a beat, "It's okay, Mommy. I love you soooo much, and nothing you eber do will change dat."

Ditto, big girl.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP