Wheels & Waves


We woke up at 5 a.m. to a beautiful Maine morning. Wouldn’t change a thing, except maybe the 5 a.m. part. But once we’re up, we’re up. So we saw Dad off to work at 6 a.m., finished our breakfast, and then headed out for a morning adventure on wheels.

The kids took it easy in the bike trailer while I labored my way over to Higgins Beach. As we road, I heard the kids giving each other “hugs” in the back. (If you’re wondering how I can hear a hug, Dani makes a “mmmmmm” sound effect whenever she leans in for a hug.) At some point Caed became an unwilling participant in the chronic hugs from Dani, and thankfully used his words--and not his body--to ask Dani to stop smothering him.

Also overheard on the ride:

“You can do it mom. I know you can. You just have to try a little harder.” This was in response to barely making it up even the slightest incline with the trailer, gasping for breath as if I was in the middle of a mountain stage in the Tour de France.

“Dani, the tide is going to be coming in, so the water will be high, but you don’t have to be scared, because the sharks are only in the warm water, and our ocean is still cold.” He heard that thing about the sharks from me. Not even sure if it is true. But apparently he is not only believing whatever I say--he is repeating it to others.

Which leads me to my next post.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP