Stars & Stripes Forever

Or in the case of the flag Caed obtained at the Freeport parade, stars and stripes until about 10:30 p.m., at which time the little parade flag fell apart from the endless waving.
Our morning began on a classic Main St. in Maine, as antique fire trucks and patriotic polka-playing floats paraded through Freeport Village. We had a quick picnic in the park, and then headed home in pursuit of gloriously long naps for the kids. To my delight, they both slept well that afternoon, giving us just enough courage to attempt the fireworks with them later that night. So, after a wonderful dinner with friends, we headed out to catch our first 4th of July fireworks with kids.

And I’m so glad we did. Sheridan struggled a bit to stay up, but once the fireworks began, she was all smiles. Caed and his friend Ethan had a blast as well, doing what 4 yr old boys do--wrestling, laughing and shouting out “That’s a blue fireworks”, “No, THAT’s a blue fireworks.” “Haha, that’s a stinky fireworks!!” “P.U.! Stinky fireworks....” I believe it went downhill from there. I had a flashback to my childhood when my Dad yelled out to me and my sister Michelle, “GIRLS!!, I will separate you if you can’t be quiet!!”. I drew upon that same threat with Caed, and it seemed to work, at least temporarily.

My favorite part of the evening, though, was when Sheridan crawled off Daddy’s lap to go sit next to her brother. She followed him in classic little sister fashion. So when he laid down on his belly, legs bent and feet dangling in the air, she had to do it too. The result (shown below) may very well be the cutest picture of feet I’ve ever taken!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP