A Saturday Sampling

February is over. The days grow longer. Earlier and earlier the sun props the light up from beyond the horizon. Earlier and earlier the kids pop out of bed. Over and over they ask, "What are we going to do today?"
Saturday has come, and the world is wide open.
So tell me, what's with this overwhelming desire to go back to bed?

::

1) On the first Saturday following the end of the month, Elizabeth Esther hosts The Saturday Evening Blog Post, where we are invited to share one post from the previous month. I chose to share this post on writerly angst. I've found that the posts I structure and slave over rarely get the response I think they will. But the posts I throw together in less than 30 minutes and am not so sure about? Those seem to resonate the most. This was one of those throw together and wonder whether I should publish it posts. And when I did, I was so encouraged by the response, by the many "me too"s that chimed in.

2) If you're looking for ways to eat fresh, locally grown (often organic) food, check out my latest article in Raising Maine on the concept of CSAs. (Local friends, you can pick up a copy of Raising Maine for free at several locations around town.)

3) Thanks for playing along with me for Flashback Friday. It's been even more fun than I thought it would be. You guys are the best. Don't forget to email me or leave a comment with your ideas for future themes.

4) I just happened upon these words by Horace in the Writer's Almanac:

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
So off we go, to live today. A lovely weekend to all!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP