A Word Aptly Spoken

When we were in Virginia last week, I came down with a virus. The first day the fever set in, we were driving to check into our hotel. Caed picked up on my less than stellar state and asked me what was wrong. I replied that I was feeling sick.

Here’s the conversation that followed:

“Do you have a feber (fever)?”

“Yes, I think so hon.”

“You’re not feelin’ dood?”

“No, not so much.”

“Don’t worry, mom. When we get to the hotel, you can sit down, and rest, and I will take care of you.”

At that point, though I was exhausted and febrile, I could have jumped for joy at having such a sweet son.

Later that week, he remembered that he hadn’t taken care of me when we got to the hotel. He said, “Mom, I was going to take care of you when you were sick, but I didn’t, because I was too busy takin’ care of baby Dani”.

And while that was funny to hear, it was a tad bit true, in the sense that, when we got to the hotel, he entertained his overtired sister with a game called “crawl under the tunnel”. The two of them essentially did laps underneath the half table in the suite, while I unpacked enough to get us through until morning.

Gotta hand it to that kid. Just as my fever was spiking and my spirit was waning, he picked me up and kept me going with a few kind words.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP