It Was the Kind of Perfect That Leaves Debbie Downer Speechless

We just returned from a week of vacation. A REAL one. The kind that left me relaxed and refreshed and possibly ten pounds heavier. The kind where even a glass half empty person such as myself can't complain. Because the glass we're talking about was poolside, crackling with ice, lime and mint, and quite easily refilled.


I won't go on and on about it because it will either (a) make you insanely jealous, (b) bore you to tears, (c) make us all crave Mojitos or (d) all of the above.

But I need to just go on record that this was a blessing in the biggest form for our entire family. We found the deal of a lifetime that allowed us to take the vacation of a lifetime. It was the good kind of memorable, which is saying a lot considering we all had to sleep in the same room as Sheridan.

That said, it's good to be back. Earlier today, I passed by Caed's room and noticed he was curled up on his bed. I asked him what was wrong. He pulled his pillow and blanket up to his cheeks and said, "Nuttin's wrong, Mom. I'm just so happy to be home!" Me too, Buddy. ME TOO!

Now, I do have a fun story to tell about a last minute, half-day trip to parent purgatory Disney World, but I'm going to save it for tomorrow (or whenever I get around to telling it--no promises). And I might also have to tell you the story about the time Becky and I ventured out sailing with not enough training and too much wind. Fun times.

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite photos:

Our crew of kiddos (Max, Dani, Caed)

Spiderman in Web Climbing Training

It only looks like she is debating going into the water. She's already been in, and that was just her finishing stance after throwing handfuls of sand.

I love the pictures where the fun appears on their faces with unquestionable certainty!

Yipee! A family photo (though Spiderman is pictured in lieu of Caed).

Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes a vacation like quality time with Dad!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP