Saturday Morning Breather

I'm here in our makeshift kitchen, and I must tell you that the banana ice cream is simply to die for. No really. You probably WILL die if you actually eat it, seeing as it's a combination of wood and paint fashioned into the likeness of bananas and a cheese block. I give the kids credit for getting the fruit and dairy combination right. But I'll stick to my coffee, thanks.

Now that Caed is in school, I am loving Saturday mornings. I love that 8:30 a.m. can saunter past with nary a care about where our shoes are, or why the girl took her socks off AGAIN, whether jackets will be required, and without any negotiations about the sudden sentimentality of toys that MUST COME WITH US IN THE CAR TO SCHOOL, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PULLLLEEEESE!

My blood pressure just spiked a little bit when I typed that last sentence. But what was I saying? Oh yes. I love Saturday morning. I don't care that it begins at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. because I know I can stretch it out as long as we like. When the kids opened their bagel-stuffed mouths to ask what we were going to do today, I said, "Let's just see where the day takes us (and don't talk with your mouth full)."

So, the day took us downstairs to build the biggest train track ever in our pajamas. Caed's doing all the engineering work, and I'm just chipping in with an encouraging word or two about the banana ice cream and the creative train bridge construction.

Yes, indeed, I like where this day is going. "Nowhere" has such a nice ring to it, don't you think?

So, where is your day taking you?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP