Front Row Moments

I watch her, running barefoot on the lukewarm lawn and blowing bubbles (really, more like spitting) against the breeze. And I feel like the luckiest girl alive, to be her mother.
And to be here, not missing this. Not missing her.
I know I can only sign up for a moment at a time. I've tried, but I can't convince Tomorrow to save me a spot. I'm not guaranteed a seat in the next moment, next day, next season. But I do have a seat right now--front row to the beauty that sends my heart leaping.

And I would be a fool not to claim it--the best seat in the house, to lean into the moment, to applaud and to answer "yes" when she asks "Did you see that Mama?", to say I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Sharing this post with Tuesdays Unwrapped, hosted by Emily at Chatting at the Sky.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP