If I didn't love her so much, I'd totally steal the camera

Alexis and I have been friends since my freshman year in college. Which, according to my math, is a really long time. That's her hair in the picture above. Perhaps later in the week her actual face will make an appearance.

She sojourned cross country to visit us, because I told her the lobster just appear from the shores of the Atlantic perfectly steamed with a packet of butter in one claw and a packet of lemon juice in the other. I know I lied, but I really wanted to see her.

So I took her to our favorite place for lobster today, and in return, she brought her Nikon D90. And not only did she take some great pictures for us, she let me hold the camera, play with the buttons and even take a few pictures myself. And I'm not sure I will ever be the same. (Father forgive me for I have sinned. I have coveted, and now I'm contemplating stealing.)
The thing about Alexis is that she laughs at my jokes like I'm hilarious, and plays with my kids like she already loves them, and we both swear no time has passed. Except you wouldn't believe how different our hair looks since college. And trust me, that's a good thing.

Oh, and the other thing about Alexis (there might be lots of things about Alexis, so don't try to keep count) is that she is really good friends with The Flow. She's always going places with it. Like tonight, she came along with us to a concert in our town, and met a bunch of my friends and their kids. And within minutes she was chatting like she was part of the gang, offering to tell them stories about me from college. (She's a giver that way).

And taking bee-yoo-tiful photographs of all of our children.
And the last thing about Alexis (for this post, anyway) is that I love her to pieces.

The end.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Rights Reserved - ©MYLESTONES 2007-2012

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP